Thursday, September 4, 2008

You can't have it Both Ways

I haven't said much about either convention although I have watched both. I anticipate a speech from McCain tonight that will follow in the words of one of his staffers to the Post this week "This campaign is not about the issues it is about the composite of the candidates". So, just like the speeches from Guiliani, Huckabee, Romney and even Mrs. Palin I fear we will not hear word one about the economy or healthcare or anything else of substance. I swear, I have the utmost respect for Mr. McCain's war record and for his tenure as a POW. I can never truly understand all the pain and turmoil he went through, even if the story is repeated 100 times a night during the RNC.

Erin Kotcki Vest, former reporter for KFWB news radio here in LA, and now Political and Special Events Director for BlogHer has attended both conventions on behalf of BlogHer. It is not a secret that she is a Democrat and will be voting for Obama. She has found this tape from the John Stewart Show that sums up, what has been said about the "double stndards" coming from some of the media.

Take a look:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=2474f3d18ad162ea7680e223f036f781