Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Family History

I have arthiritis in my left knee, but not my hip, the Dr. today said the pain in my hip is from compensating for my left knee pain.

But in order to know which medication is best it would help to determine if the arthiritis is genetic (rhuemetoid). I know mom had arthiritis in her hands and other places but I don't know if it was rhuemetoid or osteo. But the dr also said it would be helpful to know her family history (her siblings) as well. So since I have you all as a captive audience......enlighten me please.

BTW the shoulder pain is tendonitis, so no bowling league for me this year. Boo Hoo!

3 comments:

  1. I recall my father complaining occasionally about arthritic pain when the weather was cold and rainy. I was very young so I don't know any details. Maybe Marcel, Bernie or Monica can provide some details.
    I have only minor arthritis in my neck. My doctor found it in a routine x-ray about 5 years ago. That's when I noticed I can turn my head left farther than I can turn my head right. Don't know if it is osteo or rheumatoid. I hope this helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been diagnosed with arthritis in my right knee and it probably came from playing racquetball. I don't recall any of my aunts having arthritis but my Grandmother had arthritis in her knees so bad they were locked. She rocked back and forth in order to walk. I have a faint recollection of Marty's Mother having arthritis.

    Pat's hands have both osteo and rhuemetoid and her hands are begining to look like her Mother's hands. Of course, you do not share in her gene pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have arthritis in both thumbs, rendering my hands rather useless for things like opening jars, etc. I believe that what I have is osteo rather than rhuemetoid. My doctor told me to get a tube of 'Joint Flex' at the drugstore. It does provide some relief.

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=2474f3d18ad162ea7680e223f036f781