Thursday, December 18, 2008

She's Been Well Loved






Those of you that have had an active role in raising and loving my daughter will recognize Risa Baby.



For those that are unfamiliar with her, let me introduce you.






Risa Baby came into Marisa's life when she was about 2. I believe it was Easter of '88. She was a beautiful doll close to lifesize and the perfect friend for her at that age. risa baby went everywhere. In the dirt, in the tub, in the pool, that doll and Marisa were inseperable. As time wore on her hair became matted and beyond rasta dreads. Taj took Risa baby home with him one night and strand by strand performed a complete hair transplant.

Flash forward 20 years, Marisa has a beautiful daughter who has adopted Risa Baby as her own. This poor doll is just disgusting full of love. She has been used as a pillow (note the drool stains), as a sicky friend (note the stains of urps), her fingers and toes have been chewed on (I would like to think by the dog, but I doubt it.)

Why am I telling you all of this? Because Tara over at Feels Like Home is having a Build A Bear contest. Although Caity loves Risa Baby immensely and she is a part of the family. I would like to win a Build A Bear Gift Certificate and maybe get something for the twins that will be here sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

  1. Fingers were chewed by Gumdrop and she also has crayons on her fingernails and eye lids (that are missing 90% of the lashes and barely close)

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne - I have a $10 Build-a-Bear gift certificate that one of my readers won and never claimed.

    If you want it just send me an e-mail with your address.

    goonsquadsarah (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne, that is so cute! :) Thanks for entering, and I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=2474f3d18ad162ea7680e223f036f781