Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Bad Bad Eye Doctors Machine

This is the time of year when we all get our annual eye exams. Adam has better than perfect vision although he has a slight astigmatism in his left eye. Marisa gets new frames and lenses this year. Both of them have no problem with any part of the eye doctor visit. Myself on the other hand am a WUSS! I have a hard (ok, very hard) time with the glaucoma test. You know the one. WHere they shoot a puff of air into your eyeball. I can not for the life of me keep my eye open or from watering to much. It takes at least 3-4 tries to get it done. I used to sign a waiver to not have to do it. But with the probability of diabetes in my future (so far so good) and the history of our family, I figure I need to buck up and just do it. THe good news is my prescription hasnt changed so I can get prescription sunglasses put into old frames since I am only eligible for lenses this year.

1 comment:

  1. I too am no good at that damn puff of air. I have finally got them trained not to say "it is just a puff of air." I KNOW it is JUST a puff of air. I have been doing this damn test for more than ten years. It doesn't matter that it is JUST a puff of air.

    Rebecca does the prescription sunglasses thing and it just seems like giant pain in the ass to me. I also recall a time when mom left work with her computer glasses on and had to wear her sunglasses for the rest of the night. She was so hip.

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=2474f3d18ad162ea7680e223f036f781