Saturday, January 19, 2008

I drove over this!


DSC00300
Originally uploaded by adriennevh.

For those that know me, you know, that I was crying the whole time. Ok more like whining and swearing very loudly, but I DI IT! Not only did I do it, but I did it twice!

Taj whisked me away for a couple of days of peace and quiet after a couple of hard months and the hardest coupla weeks of my life. We drove up to the Monterey Peninsula. Staying in a beautiful cottage in Carmel - By - The - Sea at the Carmel Resort Inn
Very cheap during the off-season. I drove the 17 mile drive, which Kathy has been trying to get me to do for as long as I can remember. It was spectacular. A day in Big Sur for the drive from hell and some beautiful scenery. Then a day in Monterey at the Aquarium and just walking around. There are a couple of videos on you tube there was a spot in the aquarium where kids stood under a domed roof and waves crashed over them, it was fabulous.

All in all it was a very relaxing and refreshing trip. I took some time to reflect and remember and some time to let go.

6 comments:

  1. Adrienne
    We are glad to see that you were able to take a well deserved break from all the recent tension and grief. Thanks for all you and your sisters have done. It is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat and I have taken that 17 mile drive and it was delightful. We stayed at a bed-and-breakfast in Monterey and toured many of the tourist areas there.

    I think you were on the Costal Highway and we did that also. While on that Highway, Pat delcared she had the desire to shoot a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went up to Big Sur a couple years ago. It is so beautiful. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NEVER! It is a good thing that the bridge to get to my mom's is extremely low and it really doesn't feel like a bridge. If I had to cross that bridge, well I would say, "Sorry mom see you when YOU visit." I would probably stop breathing if I tried to cross that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at the PICTURE of that bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally I don't know what all the fuss is about... I love going over bridges! Oh well, to each his/her own... Glad you had a good time, and congrats on facing your fear!

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=2474f3d18ad162ea7680e223f036f781