Thursday, March 26, 2009

Arthritis Update

Since I am without health insurance at the moment, I can only self diagnose at this point. Knowing what the knees felt like when they were both diagnosed with Arthritis, I now believe it to have spread completely (dr. said it would happen soon) to both hips and my hand and right elbow.

What is odd for me, and is something I discussed with a friend who is a physical therapist, is that my knee joint pain feels better in cold weather than in warm. I first noticed it when I was taking care of mom, I thought it was that my mind was pre-occupied, but nope during the rainy season here in Cali I feel better than in the heat of the oncoming Spring.

1 comment:

  1. Many people in my classes have arthritis and of course they must live with it for the rest of their lives. We teach them a mantra: "Motion is lotion." Yes, the normal fluid in the joints are not what they should be but just by moving the joint there is a tendency to get some lubrication. Rhumatoid arthritis will deform the joint, yet, even here, motion is lotion.

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=2474f3d18ad162ea7680e223f036f781